I am a seasoned data-driven, Danish Digital Award-winning marketer, and an active member of the Digital Analytics Association (DAA) as well as the International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA)
I have specialised in optimising the customer journey from Google to Checkout, covering disciplines such as SEO, Content Marketing, and Conversion Optimisation.
I have twenty years of experience in digital marketing, tourism marketing, eCommerce optimisation (webshops, online booking, and two-sided marketplaces), and Growth Hacking / Growth Marketing.
My work, and results, has been featured in several Danish media outlets, like these from my work in Destination Marketing:
- Topplacering til sjællandsvestkyst.dk
- Sjællands vestkyst er et klik-hit
- Vestsjælland gik viralt – nu eksploderer antallet af turister
- Prognose: Ny turistrekord
- Turisme-fremgang over lands-gennemsnit
During my career, I have:
• Met the 2021 growth goals for online revenue already in February 2019
• Hired, trained, and managed a team dedicated digital marketing
• Won the Silver Award at the Danish Digital Awards with the ’The World’s Most Relaxing Film.’
• Developed and executed content strategies for both B2B and B2C markets
• Increased traffic to VisitVestsjaelland.dk with more than 400 %
• Improved the conversion rate for online sales with +192 %
• Lowered the OTAs share of online hotel bookings with -37 %
𝗣𝗶 𝗗𝗮𝘁𝗮𝗺𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗰𝘀 (𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿), SearchMetrics, 𝗖𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 (𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿), 𝗦𝗘𝗠𝗿𝘂𝘀𝗵 (𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿), MailChimp, Emarketeer.com, Microsoft Power BI, SEO Powersuite, Screaming Frog, Raven, 𝗗𝗲𝗲𝗽𝗖𝗿𝗮𝘄𝗹 (𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿), Facebook Business Manager, Google Data Studio, Cyfe, 𝗦𝗲𝗴𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁.𝗶𝗼 (𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿), 𝗙𝗶𝘃𝗲𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻 (𝗔𝗴𝗲𝗻𝗰𝘆 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝘁𝗻𝗲𝗿), Amplitude
Growth Intelligence Manager & Partner
2nd Persona I/S
Nov 2019 – Present
Danish Growth Intelligence agency 100 % focused on optimising the journey ‘From Google to Checkout’.
We offer Search Engine Optimisation, Content Optimisation, and Conversion Optimisation for SME clients mainly in the Tech, Health, and hospitality industries. Danish and Nordic Sales and Marketing partner for a selected group of SaaS and Enterprise SEO platform providers
● Perform audits of clients’ web analytics implementations and make recommendations to ensure accurate tracking is in place
● Identify new conversion opportunities and translate them into A/B and MVT test ideas that help clients meet their business objectives
● Analysing the client’s competitors, conduct Keyword Research, Technical SEO analysis, and Onsite-optimisation to maximizing search exposure
● Close cooperation with client stakeholders to influence their business outcomes and positive satisfaction
● Conversion Rate Optimisation & A/B Testing ( qualitative & quantitative research: surveys, user testing, web analytics, heatmap & user recording analysis, UX audit )
Scientific SEO Tester
Internet Marketing Gold
2020 – Present
I am part of a group of volunteers testing different SEO theories and hypothesis’ using scientific evidence-based methods to uncover which means and tricks to use to rank high in Google SERPs.
SEO Pro News
2020 – Present
SEO Pro News is a new SEO outlet offering an honest, data-driven, and evidence-based alternative to the established SEO News outlets that very often;
● Are connected to events that are sponsored by Google.
● Are operated mainly by people who do not know or practise SEO
● Are run by old school SEOs that don’t like evidence-based methods or peer review.
● Don’t challenge google with tough questions or analysis.
● Weight the statements and claims of Google and others too highly.
SEO Pro News also owns and operates the follow websites: SEO Tool Lab, Internet Marketing Gold, SEO Editor PRO, SEO Fight Club
2020 – Present
ITAM Channel is part of ITAMOrg, an international membership organisation for ITAM Professionals.
I support the ITAM organisation with SEO, Content Marketing, Link building, outreach, Web analytics, Conversion Optimisation, Digital Business Development
● Track and analyze overall SEO program success with regard to traffic, rank monitoring, indexed pages and backlinks.
● Report global SEO metrics and organic search performance to business development and management teams
● Provide reporting and analytics reports on performance as well as uncovering potential issues
● Determine the best keywords and user intent to make content recommendations for the contributors
SEO, Content Marketing, Conversion Optimisation, Web and data analytics, Digital Business Development, Content Optimisation, Keyword Research, Competitor Analysis, Content Gap Analysis, On-page Recommendations, Google Answer Box Optimisation, Conversion Strategy
● Met online growth goals for 2020 in February 2019
● Increased website revenue from Organic traffic by +3.372 % from 2017 to 2019
● Generated 128 % faster growth than our closest competitor
● Raised the SEO Visibility Score by +275 % all while the hotel industry saw an avg. 37,78 % decrease in Visibility
● Organic lead and demand generation, developing new products and packages
● Identify new SEO growth opportunities via content gap analysis, keyword opportunities, competitive audits
● Develop hypotheses and build and execute A/B or multivariate tests according to the optimization strategy
● SEO strategy and KPI tracking for multilingual websites to attract non-paid traffic & improve visibility
● Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) including Heatmaps, A/B and MVT to innovate online booking effectiveness and boost user engagement and customer experience (CX)
● Manage SEO initiatives, including site-architecture, keyword research, on-page optimization and content optimization
● Content marketing focused on creating and distributing valuable, relevant, and consistent content to attract and retain a clearly-defined audience — and, ultimately, to drive profitable customer action
● Reporting, data analysis & benchmarking (in tools as DeepCrawl, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog, SearchMetrics, Google Analytics, Google Search Console)
Digital Marketing Manager
Promoted twice. Originally employed as an Online Marketing Specialist, then promoted to Online Manager. In 2016, I was promoted to Digital Marketing Manager.
● Multilanguage content marketing and SEO strategies developed and implemented for the Business and Leisure segments
● Increase website traffic with +500 % national traffic and +1.000 % foreign traffic
● Maintain a position as the most visited tourism website outside of Copenhagen, outperforming Aarhus In spite of them being European Capital of Culture in 2017
● 5 % Increase in overnight stays in the destination by 5 % in my first year
● 7,4 % increase in overnight stays in the destination by 7,4 % in my second year (in comparison, the average national growth in overnight stays was 1,6 % YoY)
● Strategic and tactical responsibility for all digital marketing activities
● Team and project management (partners, agencies, and suppliers)
● Representation of VisitVestsjælland A/S in various industry networks and co-operations
● Advisor and sounding board to VisitVestsjælland’s partners
● Education and supervision of staff and partners in digital marketing, e.g. SEO/SEM, content marketing, and website optimisation.
● Use an iterative approach to optimization, continuously taking test results and new data into account in formulating tests and hypotheses.
● Maximizing the volume of organic traffic, and increase ticket sales, online bookings, and ROI
Lederne – Danmarks største lederorganisation
Lederne is the largest Danish unemployment insurance and interest organisation for managers, future managers and trusted employees.
Digital Tourism Think Tank
Member of the Think Tank’s Expert Panel on digital tourism marketing. I contribute with my expertise in data-driven marketing and search engine optimisation.
Expert profile here: http://thinkdigital.travel/experts/john-cooley/
Digital consultancy for SMEs.
o Off- and onsite search engine optimisation
o Conversion optimisation
o Usability optimisation
University of Copenhagen
External consultant on a research project documenting which rhetorical means that make a person choose one search result over another in Google SERPs. I contributed with general knowledge of search engines, best practise concerning the construction of meta tags, and execution of search engine optimisation.
Responsible for all online marketing and sales activities.
Increased the conversion rate with 196 % via A/B split testing. Achieved and held several Top5 placements for industry-relevant keywords in Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
Committee Member, The Open Source Committee
Member of the Open Source committee under the Danish ICT Industry Association.
The Danish ICT Industry Association (IT-Branchen) works to create a strong and digital community which exploits the full potential of the technologies for the benefit of the economy and the individual.
Partner & Founder
LAiKA Group offered development and optimisation of open source e-commerce solutions for clients in Scandinavia and Northern Europe.
Key Account Manager